REGENERATION YOUTH MENTORING
We want to walk with the youth of our city as they transition into adulthood. To help them be better prepared for the challenges and opportunities that come during this age, we want to be a reliable support, a listening ear, as well as being of practical assistance (homework help, applications, etc.). And we hope to have a lot of fun along the way!
Youth who spend time with a caring adult mentor regularly for at least one year are:
- 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to start drinking
- 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school
- 37% less likely to skip a class
- More trusting of their parents or guardians
(Making a Difference: An Impact Study of Big Brothers Big Sisters by Public/Private Ventures 1995)
Youth are five times more likely to graduate if they have a meaningful relationship with an adult. (Michigan Dropout Prevention Summit 2008)
Youth who spend time with a caring adult mentor regularly for at least one year are 46% less likely to use drugs.